Thursday, March 6, 2008

"March"ing on!!!






I can't believe we are well into the month of March already. Things are starting to wind up again for us. I'm busy working on school deadlines (student portfolios, learning records, curriculum orders...) We are busy getting our home-study renewal documents ready to send to Across the World Adoptions and are close to the official one-year anniversary of our log-in date in China (April 16). Last year this time I was looking forward to Spring 2008 (which seemed so far away) as a time of getting the nursery ready and preparing for travel to China As things go, we are a couple more years from our referral, but still trusting completely in the God who "calls everything into existence in due season." We have not lost hope and stand firm in our Faith that our precious little fourth is coming to us! It will be the greatest miracle of our lives.

So, what have we been doing? The boys keep us young and busy! We frolic to-and-fro from the skateboard park to the rock-climbing club to the slopes! Never a dull moment. I am so excited to announce that I finally can snowboard. I was so ready to give up, but after much encouragement from my dear husband and our good friend Rick (and a private lesson with a fantastic instructor)...I've got it!!!
What an incredible feeling-once my body finally figured out what it was supposed to do...and NOT do! So, I figure I'll be taking jumps with the boys in a few more trips. Ha, ha! Never!!! I think I'll just cruise on down the mountain. That's more my style-just playing it safe!

We are looking forward to a spring trip to Yosemite with Mom and Dad. Mom and I will be going to the Aglow Spring Retreat soon as well. I always look forward to this weekend together in the precious presence of the Lord. We will be at Dad and Mom's for Easter with the family.

Thank you for your continued prayers as we wait, and wait, and wait. I received two calls today in regards to the adoption from friends who just wanted to encourage us and affirm us! Wow! God is sooo good! Enjoy the pics.!

No comments: