Thursday, February 14, 2008

LOVE IS IN THE AIR!!!


Happy Valentines Day everyone. I hope your day was filled with sweet little surprises. Here is the little Love Bug I woke up to this morning...

Isn't it soooo cute? It's actually a chocolate lady bug filled with wee little chocolate lady bugs...from my darling husband. I don't want to eat it it's so cute. I brought one into the office today for the FCS office angels and they loved it. Hard not to love a chocolate lady bug! Hee, hee!
Today was filled with lots of LOVE and warm fuzzies. The boys got to play with a new friend, Connor, who is actually Ben's age. They looked like twins and got along famously. I think God has provided an answer to prayer for our Benjamin. He is truly our little social bug and needs people around him. He loves to meet people and chat with people...very relational, our middle son. He has the sweetest personality and quite an ability to love others without reserve. Needless to say, I think we will be seeing a lot more of Connor in our future!
We've been keeping busy as usual these days. We finally are getting over the nasty little virus that passed through a couple of weeks ago. The boys are looking forward to more snowboarding trips and skateboarding is ever a passion.

Silas "Dropping In"
The boys have next week off. I consider this week a gift because, really, how lucky are they to have a winter break and an Easter break?!!! Honestly, I need it...but I'm sure I'll be busy working on my student portfolios and such. It will be nice to have them finished! It's always such hassle collecting samples from people. I'm not sure why, because truly, I have loads of daily work for my kids and I would think others have much of the same. Hmmmmmm! I'll never figure that one out.
It sounds like I'm complaining, I know. "Work" has actually been really good lately. No complaints! I was even able to give the "China Connection" update at our last staff meeting. I assured them that, "Yes, we are still adopting...even though it seems like a dream at times." The teachers are so supportive of our adoption and are just as eager to meet this little lady bug as we are! I can't even imagine the celebration that is coming "someday"!!!
We'll be off to Grandpa and Grandma's this weekend to "share the love!" Little Miss Sophia will be in attendance which will be delightful. I need my fix! I'll post pictures shortly!
"Love one another...!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My Dear Gigi;

I am jealous, because I LOVE chocolate, as you know, and I love lady bugs, because they prey on all the nasty bugs that are in the garden, wanting to eat the plants. Did you know they were beneficial insects?...And so cute looking too....so...never kill a lady bug (or a damsel fly) They like us and help us in our garden chores...Ah, to get back in the garden again....Spring's comin....yeah!!!!

love you, papa