Tuesday, May 1, 2007

It's Official....We're Pregnant!!!!

Psalm 37: 4-5
Delight yourself also in the Lord,
and He will give you the
desires and secret petitions of your heart.
Commit your way to the Lord; trust (lean on, rely on, and be confident)
also in Him and He will bring it to pass!


We just received word that our official log-in date to the Chinese Center for Adoption Affairs (CCAA) was April 16, 2007!!! Brian was the one who read the email as I did the dishes. Of course I was off thinking about who knows what, when all-of-a-sudden what he said hit me, I just about jumped out of my skin. I went screaming around the house, dancing and shouting. Brian was looking at me like I was a total ding-dong (which, of course, I am...proudly) and Caleb amped up his guitar to the tune of "Louie, Louie"! It was quite a scene. Silas jumped into my arms and said, "Sarah Grace is coming Mom!" Yes she is Silas! Yes, she is!

Of course, Brian had to remind me how long this pregnancy was going to be. Hey, it's all good. God is in control!

I've been seeing a lot of ladybugs lately...I don't think it is any wonder why! God is so gracious in His dealings with us. I'm so thankful for this day. It is a historic day in the life of the Holbrooks because prayer has been answered and we are one step closer to our daughter!

3 comments:

Cyndi and Dean James said...

CONGRATS!!! You are now one step closer to your little princess. I know that we have an extremly long wait, but it will be all worth it. Doesn't it feel good to hear your LID date!! I would like it if you would check out our website. We would love it if you would leave us message in our guest book. I don't know if you remember me, but we are the couple that live in Auburn that is also adopting from China. Our LID is 10/24/06.
Cyndi & Dean James
Waiting for Alicyn Shea
DTC 10/4/06
LID 10/24/06
www.cd2alicyn.com

WFC MANAGEMENT said...

Hooray Gina....Wel will have to have playdates with our little girls:)

Jeannie and Crew

Keep the Faith!!!!

Sheree said...

Gina , oh the tears. I am so happy and excited for you and your family how awesome!!! Here's a verse for you.
Love you soooo
Sheri Kirksey

Psalm 21:1-6
How great is his joy in the victories you give!
You have granted (them)him the desire of his (their)heart
and have not withheld the request of his (their)lips.

Selah

You welcomed him (them)with rich blessings
and placed a crown of pure gold on his (their)head.
He (they)asked you for life, and you gave it to him—(them)
length of days, for ever and ever.
Through the victories you gave, his glory is great;
you have bestowed on him (them)splendor and majesty.
Surely you have granted him(them) eternal blessings
and made him (them)glad with the joy of your presence.