We are quickly approaching the last week of school and looking forward to days filled with a little less responsibility and a little more fun and spontaneity. We usually spend a lot of time at the lake (Sugar Pine). We'll see what this summer holds in store. One of my top priorities is to bring the family album up to date, as well as the kids albums. This is such a daunting task for me, but I know I will feel such sweet relief when it is finished. Then... I'll feel ready to start the scrapbook for our precious little Sarah Girl (as Silas has been calling her).
Oh, little Sarah Grace, how many times a day do we proclaim you?!!! I must admit, because of the stage of the adoption process we are in right now (the wait) there are days when thoughts of the adoption elude me. Then there are days like today when she is so in my heart and I can feel the tugging of 'the thread'. It's like a spiritual umbilical chord :0)
We have been busy these days. The Memorial Day weekend is upon us and friends from Dublin will be arriving shortly with their children. The kids are very excited to see Kirstyn and Colby. Brian and Rick have been friends since high school and they have been such good friends over the years...we have been blessed to be invited to tag along on many of their family vacations and will be joining them up at Clear Lake for the Independence Day week...boating, floating and relaxing! Ahhhh...sounds so good to me.
May also brought with it some bumps and bruises but God always uses these things to teach us and bring us deeper. I have particularly felt challenged in many areas of my walk with the Lord lately. Without going into detail, I'll just say that discipline hurts (still) but it has also reminded me of the deep, unconditional, abiding love of my Father and Savior. He is the joy of my salvation and I will trust in Him all of my days.
Caleb and Ben with "Safa the Elephant"
Rock On Silas James!
3 comments:
As always, Gina dear, you have expressed your heart and longing for "our" Sarah Grace!!! In doing so you bless all who read your blog. This is definitely a walk in FAITH centered in the love that the Lord has placed in your hearts!
Dad LOVES the pictures of the elephant and the boys -- so close to nature. And, of course, I LOVE the pix of Silas and the dolphin! (so respectful of the animals) What beautiful memories you will have in your "older age" and, of course, the boys will cherish all the "family fun" times -- just as we do now. (Thank God for my "journal"!)
We await, with patient hope, the arrival of this little Chinese Empress who will one day marvel at the work you put into this "unhiddenframe" journal of her appearance! She will be laughing with us all, sitting around the table, looking at all that you have captured "just for her" in the long weaving of the garment of praise that will be our families JOY! SARAH GRACE!!!
Reminded of Ps. 27:13-14 = "I (we) know that we shall see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord. Be strong and take heart. Wait for the Lord."
Loving you all and "rocking on",
Mom and Dad (grams and gramps)
Just wanted to say hi! I really
enjoyed reading your blog. VERY NICE!
Take care and have a great weekend!
Gina,
Thank you for signing our guest book at "Journey to Ruby Mei!" God was so faithful to us in our wait, and I pray the same for you. God answered our prayers above and beyond with our new daughter. I know he will bless you and your family too!!! Blessings to you in your wait!
-Diana (www.myadoptionwebsite.com/diandjeff)
Post a Comment