Tuesday, March 6, 2007

To the Secretary of State We Go!!!

Done! I can't believe it...the paper-chase has officially ended for us today, March 6, 2007. We received Brian's State Certified copy of his "addended" birth certificate via Fed Ex today and now I'll be heading down to the Secretary of State's Office on Thursday to get all of the documents in our dossier certified. After that, it's off to America World Adoptions they go to get authenticated via the Chinese Consulate. From there...China!!! I can't wait to say it...those words I thought I would NEVER say again..."We're pregnant!" I think I'll send out announcements, yup...for sure!

We went on our "Chinatown Excursion" Saturday and had fun. If you have never been to Chinatown it is definitely a vastly different cultural experience-different sights, sounds, smells! A lot to take in! The boys especially loved the shops and of course, the parade, with all of the colorful dragons and firecrackers. One dragon was over 400 feet long. Pretty awesome sight. Brian and I found it to be a bit unorganized and wrought with too many golden Buddhas and pigs (year of the pig). I do love the streets of Chinatown (Brian will pass)! We got a good taste of the Chinese culture. Of course, people are people no matter where you go and it was very obvious what is valued in this culture as you walk the streets...money, material goods, luck and worship of ancestors. Hmmm! not sure what else to say about that. It's a different kind of feeling all together. I was thankful for our journey to our daughter. If nothing else, it made me feel closer to her and the boys were quick to point out to us every little Chinese sweetie-pie that passed our way. I wanted to buy Sarah Grace a Chinese Paper Lantern (pink of course) for her room but Brian was the voice of reason and said it wasn't time for that yet! Ok, ok, he's probably right! Oh, the possibilities. If you know me well, you know I've already got her room all decorated in my head! It's quite a vision!

In my "other" life, things are getting very busy with school portfolios and state testing, as well as the monthly learning records. It's just a very hectic time of the year. Caleb took the fourth grade STAR writing test today with some of his classmates. I was able to read his essay and would have to say from a teacher's standpoint that he did an excellent job! The hard work paid off! "Good work my Caleb!"

I know I express this again and again but I'm just amazed at the Father's goodness to us throughout this whole process of our paper-chase. We received our tax refund a few days ago from the Feds and it is exactly what we need to cover the costs of this "next step"! He truly knows our needs and His plans totally have surpassed our wildest dreams. We Love You Daddy God! I think that is a good place to end.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

THERE you are! Right in the heart of San Francisco's Chinatown! We know that the boys enjoyed the entire outing and Benjamin was astounded by the 40 foot DRAGON!

We, too, your parents, sense that our dear "Empress Sarah Grace" in nearing our reality -- a true miracle of grace and God's provision. There will be more struggles ahead but pregnancy is rarely easy. Birthing in the Spirit is something else, no? May your heart's desire be fulfilled, dear children. You know how much we love you and pray that your dreams for a daughter become tangible THIS very year!

In the Creator of all,
Dad and Mom