Monday, March 12, 2007

The Holbrook Dossier





Today was the day! The boys and I headed down to Sacramento to pay a visit to the Secretary of State. Our dossier is totally complete! Everything that needed to be certified at the state level is certified and ready to go! I can't believe it's done. CELEBRATION!!! We await our passports and are praying that they arrive by the end of the week. I can only laugh...the passports, which could have been ordered well before we even started the home study process, are what we are waiting on! I have to trust that God knows exactly when our dossier is supposed to reach China and His timing will be perfect...there is only one Sarah Grace for us and His love is reaching! I can feel it in my marrow.

What a great weekend we had at the lake (Tahoe) with some friends from Brian's "younger" days. I tried my hand at snowboarding for the first time and had a total blast. All five of us were on boards and though Daddy took his skills to the top of the mountain, the younger ones and I played it safe on the smaller, not so steep runs. I got to "shred" with some of the cutest kids on the planet (Kirstyn, Alexi, Caleb, Ben and Silas). What a team! We can't wait to get back up there and are considering season passes for next year. It really is a sport that all of us enjoy doing together...finally!

I wish I could say that things have slowed down now that the dossier is complete. Quite the opposite. This is my busiest time of year because everything becomes due at once....student portfolios, orders, learning records-lots of deadlines. I feel slammed, but I sense the Lord keeping my head above water and guiding me step by step. I am very much looking forward to the end of March...everything will be turned in and I will be off to retreat with Mom! Yahoooeeeee!





The next time I post, we will probably be DTC (Dossier to China) and waiting for our LID (log-in date)!!!





No comments: