Monday, December 30, 2013

Points of Grace in 2013


I love the New Year!  It brings with it all of the possibility of renewed vision, renewed hope, and renewed dreams!  I can look back on the latter days of 2013 and see how God weaved His faithfulness in and out of circumstances and situations and always, always provided...and I can look forward to a million more points of Grace (thank you for that reference Karen Wright) painted with perfect intention across the days that follow.

"I will sing of the mercy and loving-kindness
of the Lord forever;
with my mouth I will make known
your faithfulness from generation
to generation."
-Psalm 89

One of my favorite things to do after Christmas is settle down with my tea and pour through pictures of the past year...all of the memories an iPhone can hold; moments of joy, of pain and healing, celebration, victory, play and rest.  They are all there, these beautiful moments written into my story, proof of His mercy and loving-kindness strewn across my camera roll.  2013 was a good year, a really good year!  I am thankful for all of the opportunities for growth...there were many.  I am thankful for all of the opportunities I had to lean harder on His promises, because they became opportunities to tell someone that He is enough, and they affirmed God's love for me in ways that I could have never dreamed of...so personal and intimate.  I am learning that there are a million-plus ways to hear and know the Father, and that He can and will use anything (but usually the unexpected) to reveal His heart to us.  

I'm excited about 2014.  I feel like I'm moving forward into a new place of trust (Ruthless Trust -B. Manning) which means a whole lot of freedom and release.  Woot!  Woot!  I know that God will provide all of my needs in 2014, according to His riches in Glory.  Are you hearing me people?  He loves to bless us with the earthly needs...but even more than this, He is wanton for us to be receptive to the AWESOME blessings of His riches in Glory.  His kingdom is soooooo vast, I can't even wrap my mind around what those riches might be.  I've tasted of them this past year, most certainly...and they are so fulfilling and so perfectly delicious in every sense of the word.  He longs for us to know how absolutely LOVED we are.  

Lord, as the New Year unfolds before me, I long for you to know that, though my love for You is so fickle and imperfect in so many ways...it is Your beautiful love for me that continues to woo me and draw me to your side.  You continue to renew me with hope, and no matter what 2014 holds for me and my family, I know that there is one thing that will always remain...Your Love -which is the biggest and 'bestest' ;) thing in the whole-wide world!  I love you!  -G

Happy New Year!!!

3 comments:

Tami said...

Did some writing myself this morning, then decided to pop over here to "visit". When I read the part about you loving to sit down with your cup of tea and pour over pictures, it immediately took me back to sitting together at your table or mine with a cup in hand. I love where God has taken me (us) over the past few years, but I MISS THOSE DAYS too! I miss chatting with you and laughing about our crazy boy stories. Can you imagine the stories we would have to share NOW?? :) Anyhow... Hugs to you!

Patricia said...


Tami beat me!!! Just happened to check and see if you had put anything new on here and THERE you are!

It is a NEW year, there's never been one like it before. The only thing I can cling too at this stage of my life is that "His mercies are new EVERY morning; great is HIS faithfulness!

Thank you for hosting our Christmas, daughter, and we all have new memories of Family time together...Oh, indeed, God and man at table are sat down! How HE loves FAMILY!!! Me too! And, I definitely do love YOU!

Mom

G.Holbrook said...

Hey, you beautiful two...always leaving me such treasured words on this "blah" of mine! I never come back to this thing these days (or rarely) once I post...just too busy. So glad I came back to muse over what I wrote...I think of those times fondly Tami, and often. We could laugh it up, couldn't we...so much to laugh about!!! I miss you and I pray life is really good. Have a very blessed new year...and I think we should do tea...soon! :) Hugs!!!