Monday, September 12, 2011

Nothing Can Separate Us

For I am convinced that neither death nor life,
neither angels or demons, neither present nor the future,
nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else
in all creation, will be able to separate us from the
love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 8: 38-39

I have been sitting with this scripture for a few days now. Life has a way of making us "feel" like we are separated from such love. Our circumstances and the busy rushing around of our days seems to pull us out of love's reach. Our sins and weaknesses remind us of our wretched state and how desperate we are for hope and grace.
Brian and I have been moving slowly but surely into the transition from our current residence into a rental not far from where we have lived the past 11 years. I think we are over the painful reality that our time in this home has come to pass, but there are days when we both feel a bit overwhelmed by the stress of what a move entails and the very idea of 'losing' what we have rested so "securely" in for so long now has a way of making a person a little anxious.
In all of this though, He continues to pursue me with His promise of love. He reminds me through His word and the encouragement of precious friends and my sweet parents that His Love is Enough for me. It doesn't matter what the circumstance, how things "look"...He is the eternal place of Promise and nothing can separate us from that place.
All three of the boys are fighting a nasty illness today...fevers, chills, aches. Nothing can separate us from His love...I remind my darling Benjamin as he moans on the bed next to me. He breathes out the beautiful name...Jesus...and I hear him pray as his body writhes under the bed covers, convulsing with the fever. I put my hand on his head and whisper to Him the nearness of angels. They are here to minister to the need.
Not sure what this night will bring. Oldest and youngest are not as burdened with this crud as Ben is, so they have decided to sleep downstairs in their beds. I will keep Benjamin close tonight and I will pray God's promise of love and healing over him.



No comments: