Brian and I knew from the start that our desire was to home school any children the Lord might bless us with. Even as a classroom teacher, I already felt the call to be home with my babes and if God provided the way and means, to school them with Brian at home.
Almost 10 years later, I look back with amazement at how God grew that dream into reality for us. His hand led us to this little town and me to my current position as an Education Specialist/Home School Facilitator for a charter school in the area. He opened doors only He could open and it has been such an awesome journey...and the most exciting thing to me is that...I get to do it all over again with our Belle! My heart is so full with thankfulness.
I went to a meeting tonight and listened to another homeschool mom, who's children have graduated from high school now, and was so completely inspired and reminded as to how blessed I have been as a mother to teach my children, be in relationship with them daily, watch them grow in knowledge and understanding of who they are and what their passions are, ignite those passions with opportunity, and witness their love for each other as siblings and friends. I can't imagine not having the years we've had with them at home, sitting around the kitchen table, talking, laughing, learning, and of course, at times, even bickering. We do life together, as a family, and our prayer is that God would be glorified as we move forward in obedience to Him for as long as He calls us to this thing called home school.
I got home at around 9:30 and the boys ran out to greet me with hugs and snuggles and tales of their day with dad, who was able to stay home with them. Caleb said to me, "Mom could you read over the notes I took today for my project?" My heart leapt. Such sweet confirmation of the connection. He knows how invested we are in his schooling and he desires to do his best, not always, but tonight it was a gift. He wasn't looking for accolades. He wasn't asking for a pat on the back. He simply wanted to share the information he gathered with his mama. Couldn't ask for more.
As we prepare Caleb's heart and mind to enter the school system for the first time next year, my mother-heart prayer is that He would always be true to who his Creator made him to be, that he would hold fast to God's promises over his young life, and that he would remember how loved He is, always! Thank You God, with tears in my eyes, for giving me the gift of knowing my children and watching them grow in You. You've used the imperfections of family life to show us that Your love covers a multitude of messy days and leads us forward into forgiveness, hope and a depth of love for one another that is priceless.
I'm a home school mom and I wouldn't want it any other way!
No comments:
Post a Comment