What a blessed day filled with the excitement of the children and the love of family and friends! We started the festivities with the telling of a story passed onto me by a friend. It is the true story of a little boy who has won his way into the hearts of a family who plans on fos-adopting him...her family ;)! She told me about how, as she sat at the table a few eves ago, this little boy jumped up, threw a bow on himself and asked, "Who wants me?" She replied..."I do!" Again..."Who wants me?" She replied..."I want you!" She took him on her lap and had such a precious transaction of words and love. Well, Brian ended up in tears as I told the story and expressed, "I think that's our Christmas morning prayer!" And we all exclaimed..."Amen!"
Onto the festivities of Christmas morning. This was a much "simpler" celebration for us this year...if there ever is such a thing. The boys were absolutely thrilled to receive their air-soft guns, and of course spent most of the day (until the rains came) outside running around military style. Thank God we live in Foresthill....nothing unusual about that here. Ha!
Breakfast was delightful...apple sausage and chardonay quiche...mmmm (a Christmas tradition) and cranberry-walnut bread. We chatted on the phone with the folks and kin, wishing everyone a very merry Christmas day. We will not be seeing them this Christmas. Everyone has decided to do Christmas a la home....and I must admit, it is wonderful to be just "us"! We payed Isabella's Godmom and Goddad a visit...dear friends Tami and Jason Gray. Spent some time with them and now we are home. The prime-rib roast is in the oven and I'm relaxing by the fire. It will be a quiet night of movies and family-time. Memories in the making...Isabella's first Christmas! She has been all smiles and giggles today and though she is totally unaware of the meaning of this day...we are very aware that she is God's most precious gift to this family and I keep pondering how amazing He is and how wise. I am fast-forwarding in my mind to a three-year old Belle, fully aware of Santa and presents and all of the tinsel and trappings and then I'm quickly reminded of Christmas past...little boys so delighted by the magic of Christmas. How quickly the years have passed. Sigh! So bitter-sweet.
The new year is upon us, and though we do not know what it has in store, we are sure of the promises of His faithfulness to our family. We are sure that we want to know Him more...see Him more clearly and follow Him more dearly! The journey continues...2011 here we come!
1 comment:
AHHHH -- A taste of YOUR Christmas! Thank you! We're finally back online and have a moment to check on our favorite blog site (definitely NOT Facebook!).
The pixs are lovely and the shirts look really cool on the boys. We're so happy that they are wearing them and that they fit! We still like to give presents even though they only want $$$...and, indeed, they are growing older!
Isabella is absolutely beautiful and we love her -- can't wait to see her Sunday (please, Lord, let the snow be minimal on top of the mountain!!!)and all of you.
We love you! A blessed and HAPPY NEW YEAR to all the Holbrooks, filled with God's presence and the beauty of family love!
Always and forever,
Mom and Dad
Post a Comment