Sunday, October 17, 2010

Fall!!!

The BEST day!!! Hanging out with the family...a little of this, a little of that. Started the morning, early of course, snuggling my little one in bed. After feeding her she fell fast asleep between Brian and I, something I rarely let her do, but on this morning, I could just not resist. The windows were open a crack and the rain was pitter-pattering on the dry leaves outside. Aaaaaah, my senses were so filled with the smells of Fall. I fell back to sleep myself.

At around 8:20 I awoke to a very quiet house, but right in front of my face were these BIG blue eyes, just staring right into me. Precious, wee Belle. We stared at each other for the longest time and then Silas joined us, and...then Ben, and...then Caleb. Six Holbrooks in a bed! This is what memories are made of. I got up and made cranberry-walnut muffins for breakfast, venison-maple sausage and chai! Oh wow...it just doesn't get better than this.

The day has progressed so gently. We skipped church but today has been the sweetest day of worship in a long time. Brian went on the roof and cleaned out gutters, blew all of the pine needles off and cleaned the yard. LOVE YOU B.!!! I cleaned house, folded some clothes, and have been savoring every moment of this day. In the background is the sound of Sunday afternoon football....mind you, a sound that in all of the 15 years B. and I have been married I've heard maybe a handful of times. But our Benjamin is a big-time football fan and will not miss a Vikings game. Caleb and Silas have been in and out all day...riding bikes, looking at old pics. on the PC and snacking on the left-over muffins.

The icing on the cake is that I don't have to think about work for a whole week! BLISS, I tell you!!!! Just couldn't let this day go by without documentation. These days are rare for us! I'm going to go light my Yankee Harvest Candle and start dinner. I Love You Lord!!!!

No comments: