Sunday, September 19, 2010

His Grace is Enough!

Finally...I feel His peace reigning in my heart and home after a "struggle" weekend. You might be asking, "What struggle?" Just...you know...the internal struggle. The relationship struggle. The struggle of living a life where "I do what I don't want to do!" Paul can relate. That's why he wrote so often about it in the New Testament.
Thursday started a struggle in my heart and it wasn't until today that I finally surrendered and felt the resolve and the peace of the Lord come back. It's always so amazing to me that the Holy Spirit is so sensitive and He does become grieved by what we choose in our hearts...especially our attitudes. I chose a very wrong attitude towards someone last week and I ended up having to be the one to apologize for how I handled things. Oh my Lord, what an internal struggle, but this morning after listening to an excellent message on forgiveness I knew I had to make right the wrong.
Thankfully, I was able to go to this person with humility of heart and extend myself. It was scary. It was hard. In the end it was only grace...His Grace is Enough!!!....ALWAYS! I learned that (again) this weekend!

1 comment:

Tami said...

Oh my friend... we had VERY similar weekends it seems. God was working in my heart as well. Not to say that I'd want the whole thing to happen all over again, but today I am grateful for it all. I am grateful because He drew me in once again and taught me things through the process. I had to eat some major humble pie and really examine myself. God wants us to do that, and so often... I forget. After this experience, I think (and sincerely hope and pray) that I will handle my anger and frustrations differently. I will go to my King for answers... He is where we find peace and rest in the "storms".

I'm grateful today too... for the sister I have in you... For the fact that we both came to the same conclusion in all of this mess independently of each other. Love you, Gi!