Wednesday, September 30, 2009

And the Winner Is.....


Hey, hey, hey...my honey!!!  God bless him.  Brian has taken to the MTB race world (as a novice, but still, come on...this is good stuff for a 40-something :0)!  We're so proud of him.  He takes it so seriously (makes me giggle) and this past weekend he participated in a ride called the Cliff Bar Challenge at Folsom Lake.  After hugs and cheers, he was on his way down the start-line with about 14 other daddy-dudes.  The boys and I mingled around the venue, tasting the latest yummies from Cliff and the gang.  (By the way, if you are into endurance exercise, they have something coming out called Cliff Rocks..they are like these little balls of amazing, filled with goodness for your run, ride, walk...whatever :0)  

After a good 25 minutes who should roll into the finish line...in first place...B!  Wow!  I don't know why I was so shocked by this.  I saw some of the guys he was riding against and had him at 3rd place.  However...the Lord did speak a beautiful word over him that morning and boy did it come to fruition on Saturday...starting with taking first place.  So much excitement for the boys...their daddy won first place in his race.  

I just see the Lord's hand on my hubby and I'm learning to trust Him with the details of Brian's life and relationship with Him.  So many times I want to fix, make pretty, set him straight...but I continue to be convicted by the Holy Spirit to keep my little hands off!  "I know the plans I have for Brian...now PRAY girl!"  That's what my calling is as his wife.  I belong on my face before the Father, interceding for my husband and children.  Allowing the Holy Spirit to have His way in them and calling forth things that are not as though they were...in faith...boldly, before Papa...who just can't help but hear me and answer me...because He loves me :0)
So... first place.  What a confirmation day for my honey in many ways!

No comments: