Tuesday, February 3, 2009

A Beautiful Day For A Stroll








After we were done with school today we took to the hills...or, what we call, "Pear Tree Trail." It's been a while since the boys and I walked this path and today was an absolutely perfect California "spring" day (even though it is winter!) There is something to be said about a meandering walk with your children and I am so thankful that I stopped being 'busy' to spend time with them...really good, quality time. When we stopped at the bridge to let dog romp and frolic, the boys climbed a tree and time seemed to stop for a moment. I suspect that Jesus was enjoying this just as much as I was. I could almost hear him laughing right along with us. Did I mention how incredibly beautiful everything was. The fields were sprouting shoots of green, the sun was sharing it's warmth with us and I was one content mommy.
Our God is a God of perfect peace and He loves it when we take pleasure in the gifts He has given us. Thank You Father for my three amazing gifts and the gift of Your Love!

No comments: