The short answer to that question is...BUSY!!! We've been busy with school, busy with soccer, busy with work, busy with life! I keep asking myself, "What were you thinking?" This is in regard to my taking on too many things at once...teaching three classes up in Nevada City at the block-classes on Wednesdays, deciding to coach Si's soccer team, all at the same time that I have to take an online course through UCSD to complete my CLAD certificate. This is a certificate of qualification to teach English Language Learners (ELL) that the state of CA is mandating all teachers obtain before Jan. '08. Thankfully I took four of the five courses about eleven years ago when I was working on my credentials. Phew...I was one shy. So, as you can imagine, things are pretty intense around here lately.
Thankfully we have had some distractions. We took the kiddos up to the Kokanee Salmon Festival in Lake Tahoe a few weeks ago which was so fantastic. Maria and Seth went, as did Grandma and Grandpa. We met up with Jacob (cousin)and spent the day viewing the spectacle along Taylor Creek and then cousin Jacob took the boys to the skate park. To finish the day we enjoyed a yummy Chevy's dinner and shared a yummy Chevy's margarita. It was one of my "perfect days". The weather was absolutely beautiful and Lake Tahoe is ALWAYS beautiful...one of my favorite places to be!
In mid September I escaped by myself to Maine to celebrate Pepe's (my grandfather) 90th birthday. Both of my sisters and their husbands were there, Sophia girl and Mom and Dad. It was wonderful to be able to be there to see the family (my Mom's side) and spend time with family that I haven
't seen for a long, long time. I was the lucky one and got to stay at Pepe's house which is in a beautiful New England town called Canaan. Uncle Ed and Aunt Penny live right down the way which kept everyone in close proximity. Pepe is such a blessing to our family and his birthday bash was proof of the love that he has poured into many people over the years. There were about 100 people in attendance and it was just great! We also spent time on the coast in Bar Harbor and in Rockland, and of course, ate lobster!
October will be coming to a close soon. I am officially 36 years old, though I still feel 18 inside. Silas will soon be celebrating birthday #6 in a week. How is that even possible? Soon we will be renewing and updating our documents for the adoption (the I-171H and the home study). The wait will continue, but we will carry on with hope in our hearts! Thanksgiving is right around the corner. Time marches on.
No comments:
Post a Comment