Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Where did summer go?

Summer always seems to go by way too fast. This summer was no exception. I picked myself up yesterday and headed to the office in Nevada City in order to pull my act together a bit before the school year officially begins on August 16th. Lord, that is so early. It was good to see everyone and I was thankful for their interest in how the adoption is coming along. The wait has become part of this whole experience and I totally trust that God's timing will be perfect. That is pretty much what I express to everyone. It's wild going through an experience where you really can't control the outcome at all. We are so used to giving God a "helping hand" with our circumstances, which usually ends up in a heap of a mess anyway. So, I'm almost thankful that I have to put this one on the shelf and just watch it grow into His perfect plan. I see its effect trickling into other areas of our lives and I believe it really is a sovereign act of God.

Back to summer...our last gig was a short trip to Monterey. It was much needed and there were some sweet surprises for the boys along the way, which I was so thankful for because it has been a somewhat "quiet" summer for them (a lot of sitting around...more than I care to admit). They had an opportunity to go scuba diving at the aquarium -in the bay- with 9 other children ages 8-13. Brian stumbled across this program and knew it would be a fab experience for our older two who love God's creation more than anything else in this world. They assigned three kids per instructor and donned them with all of the gear (tanks included). Wow! The kids saw some cool creatures and have not stopped talking about it.

We enjoyed a day at Leguna Seca at Spirit West Coast which is actually a three-day Christian music festival. We enjoyed listening to some not-so familiar artists as well as some old favorites. It was awesome and think it would be great to go back with a group of friends/family next year. There were activities for the kids and of course, Christian vendors selling paraphernalia of all sorts. There were also groups such as Compassion International and Gospel for Asia. I picked up a free book at the Gospel for Asia booth called Revolution in World Missions. I feel like God led me right to this book and believe He is using it to stir something deep within me...for another time! I can't put it down.

Things are "kicking" into high gear around the Holbrook house...literally. I have taken on coaching Silas' soccer team, Ben starts practices tonight and we will be busy, busy until November with games and practices. I'm a bit overwhelmed but I'm learning to take one day at a time. Silas loves having Mommy and Jason (Gray) as his coaches. I've taken a step way out of my comfort zone, especially with everything else I have on my plate. Sigh! God's grace is sufficient.

Blessings to all who visit this site, especially our fellow waiting families. We are praying for you while we wait with you. Hey, our five month ultrasound is not far away :0) ...that is, five months since our log-in date.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's been so busy that I've forgotten to check on our Sarah Grace's blog! WHAT kind of gramma am I, anyway??? My goodness!

Though the waiting seems interminable we pray for our little "Chinese Empress Sarah Grace" daily and, like you and Brian, trust the Lord with exactly the perfect time to bring her into our family. She is one VERY special little girl and we need to be ready at a moment's notice (just like in every delivery, no?) to go get her!

I look forward to the family gatherings that will have two little girls attending instead of just our "Contessa Sohpia" -- who will so enjoy a girl cousin! The boys are a bit too big for her and we're thankful she has your Silas as her buddy/big brother. He loves her so! They all do, of course, but Jacob was lamenting that he hardly knows her and how can he, God love him, being 18 and living so far from his Auntie. He knows YOUR sons, and loves each one, and we pray he'll also know Sarah Grace when she joins the fun.

You're doing fine, Gina. Having three very active sons is no small feat, my dear, so keep working on those "freak outs" and know that the Father IS teaching you patience and will get you through! HE loves you so much more than you can imagine! Just stay close to Jesus and He'll help you deal with the flare ups of the day! And, darling daughter... never forget to LAUGH! NEVER!

With a BIG hug for you all,
Mom

Anonymous said...

OPPS...spelled "Sophia" wrong...Tina will never forgive me! CONTESSA SOPHIA is what I had intended or, as she herself would say, "Fia"!!! She'll love a new cousin!