Sunday, July 8, 2007

"While I'm Waiting"


I came across this song on one of B's CDs and listen to it frequently to remind myself that there is a reason for the wait. Here are the lyrics:


While I'm Waiting -by John Waller

I'm waiting, I'm waiting on You Lord
and I am hopeful
I'm waiting on You Lord
Though it is painful
but patiently I will wait

I will move ahead bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience
While I'm waiting...
I will serve You
While I'm waiting...
I will worship
While I'm waiting...
I will not faint
I'll be running the race even while I wait

I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You Lord
and I am peaceful
I'm waiting on You Lord
though it's not easy, no
but faithfully I will wait

I admit that there has been some discouragement lately as I have logged on to the CCAA only to find that they are just half way through log-in dates of November 2005! What does that mean for us? Well, if referrals continue to come at this pace then we are looking at a good three years until we see ours. Why is this so? The CCAA claims that there are simply not enough babies/children to fill the "demand". There is a lot of conflicting information surrounding this sensitive subject on the part of the Chinese government. We just have to wait and pray. I know deep in my heart that God has the perfect little gift waiting for us... whether she be a twinkle in His eye still or a flicker in a womb somewhere in China...it is well with my soul.


2 comments:

Cyndi and Dean James said...

Hi..I was just wondering if you are involved in any message boards for you LID? There are plenty of fun things to do like cyber showers, secret buddy exchange, bib swaps, 100 Good Wishes Quilt square/wishes swaps and lots more. One blog that I follow is doing a bib swap right now if you would like to check it out. www.laydfrog.blogspot.com
These are really fun activities to keep busy while we have our long wiat.
Cyndi James
Waiting for Alicyn Shea
LID 10/24/06
www.cd2alicyn.com

AChillemi said...

I too love this song... and blogged about it. Please feel free to check out my blog at thechillemis.wordpress.com

I remember what John was going through when he wrote this song and it has touched me ever since!

Angie