Easter at Mom and Dad's in Placerville was wonderful. It was probably one of our best...filled with the children's laughter and delight. I love Easter so much. It's my favorite celebration because of all it signifies in our lives. My little niece, Sophia, is just a darling and I loved watching her scampering about on the grass looking for eggs and calling out, "Go, go, go", which sounded more like, "Do,do,do!" Oh, she's soooo cute! I could see our Sarah Grace tagging along by Sophia's side one day. The boys had a blast with their cousins and raked in some serious cash from the egg hunt. I remember vividly the thrill of counting my coins after the egg hunts at Grandpa and Grandma DeRaps. What memories.
We are praying for Pepe's quick recovery from yet another surgery, and for strength for his wife Betty. This time it was his gall-bladder. Last I heard from Mom, he was doing much better now that he wasn't on such a plethora of meds. We love you Pepe and Betty!
The kids and I are nearing the end of our much needed Easter break. It's so nice to have the week after Easter off. Of course, I have been busy putting together my portfolios for my students, but at least I don't feel the pressure of having to school the children as well. I'll turn the portfolios in on Monday and then we are really in the home stretch for summer!!! STAR testing (state testing) is next week. This is something that my kids, thankfully, enjoy doing. They are not fearful test-takers which really is a blessing...and they do so well! (Brag, brag, brag!) They work hard and it pays off for them. Tomorrow we are going to the "ECOstation" which is a small nature center in the heart of Rocklin. I'm looking forward to an outing with the kids.
As a final note, we received the list of families in our group (China fams.) and I have been corresponding with a few of them regularly. There are 16 families including us. A few of them have already adopted from China so this is their second go-around. It's so great to hear their stories. You know how much I love sharing ours! God is good...all of the time! (That's for you Mom!)
No comments:
Post a Comment