"Forget about what's happened;
don't keep going over old history.
Be alert, be present. I'm about to do something brand-new.
It's bursting out! Don't you see it?
There it is! I'm making a road through the desert,
rivers in the badlands..."
Isaiah 43: 19
Sometimes I get so giddy about what God is up to behind the scenes of my life. He gives me these glimpses into the possibilities. Even from a very young age I was singing along with the Bill Gaither Trio, "I am a Promise. I am a Possibility. I am a Promise, with a capital P. I am a great big bundle of Potentiality!" It has taken me well into my forties to finally believe all of that! And something happens when you really do finally believe all of that. Life takes on this new level of excitement and possibilities seem endless. I am so very excited about the paths [of Promise] that He is leading me down these days. Not surprisingly, it all centers around a ferocious passion of mine...food (along with making people feel loved and happy and blessed...and healthy!)
The past three months I have been steeped in research on foods, focusing on raw foods, and the effects of what we put into our bodies on our bodies. God made these temples of ours so intricately and with care. I don't ever believe His intentions were that we thrash them with this SAD diet (Standard American Diet) that most of us grew up on. And when you grow up doing something, without question, it becomes "normal" and "right". I'm here to tell you It's Not! God never intended for us to consume processed, chemical laden foods. That was not part of His plan when He intentionally placed us in- hello people,-A Garden! Don't get me wrong, His plan was also not that we fixate and focus so disproportionately on our diet. What I am gloriously discovering, is just that...I don't have to obsess over my intake of food, if I am consuming what He intended for me to consume.
That said, I am bubbling up with all sorts of ideas and possibilities these days. Yesterday, Brian and I attended a fabulous Raw Food Seminar put on by a leading authority on raw vegan culinary arts and nutrition, along with her husband who is a renowned health educator and speaker. God totally opened this door for us, which led us into this room FILLED with intention! It was so AWESOME to be around people who have been on this path for much of their lives and had so much wisdom and knowledge to share with us. I have a sense of where God is leading us, and I am totally open to the journey. If I could take a picture of my inner-man right now, it would be me standing with my arms wide-open, looking upward, waiting to receive all that God has in store for my life. He is NEVER finished, and I never want to be the one who decides that I'm too old, or too far gone, to receive everything He wants to pour into me..."on earth as it is in HEAVEN!" Isn't that what I prayed every night as a child, and what I still pray with my children?
The day begins on that note...off to water the garden!

1 comment:
As our friend, Graham Cooke, would say, "As in Heaven so shall it be on earfth..." May you continue to delight in your journey of discovery and see that it truly is "From Heaven to Earth"!
It is that which we carry into this broken world we dwell in and where everything has gotten out of whack --- esp. the food we consume! God help us!
Dad says his normal food was definitely NOT American and that may be a testament of his current health at his current age...which is remarkable, no? Those Italians!
Me...not so much, sadly. However, we trust in the One who has given us choices and ask Him to give us the courage to change our patterned habits. Keep going, daughter, keep going...
Love you so very much!
Mom
Post a Comment