Friday, January 4, 2013

An Unexpected Journey - Part 2


Tonight proved to be a night of nights...quite "unexpected"...no surprise there.  My darling friend, Treacy Mize, had popped onto facebook (and now that I've listened to my messages, I see that she actually had called me earlier in the day:) to invite me to accompany her to see Les Miserables.  She had thought the movie started at 7:00 so the plan was to meet at 6:30.  Come to find out, it started at 7:30 which gave us some sweet time to catch up before the start of the show.  Isn't God good?!!!

Oh, and what a show it was.  Though this was her second time seeing it, we heartily agreed that it was absolutely the best movie we had ever seen!  This may be because we share such similar perspectives and vision, or, it could simply be because it truly is a magnificent portrayal of life and love, the darkness meeting the light, the mundane and the miraculous!!!  I felt like I had been lifted into another realm and many times during the movie I thought of "the unexpected journey"!!!  I thought about how flipping brilliant God is to allow us the gift of free will, and how He goes before us and comes behind us and scoops all of of the pieces of our broken existence.

Treacy and I discussed after, how this movie/musical/play would not have been the same if it were not for the "song"...because our very lives are a symphony rising to the throne room and He so totally and completely delights in our song and uses every single thing that happens in our lives as part of the score.  Words alone, without the rise and fall of the music, would not have done the story any justice.

And again, the glorious unexpected crescendos!!!  He is so chalk full of surprises and without going on and on, I just want to end the night by saying, you can bet I will be expecting the unexpected this year! It is going to be a year of awakening!  Yeeeehaaaaw!  BRING.  IT.

3 comments:

Tami said...

Here's to traveling the "Unexpected Journey" together, friend!

Miss you...

Tami said...

Here's to traveling the "Unexpected Journey" together, friend!

Miss you...

Anonymous said...

I miss you toooooo! Let us meet for a chat...sooooooon;)). Much love!