Sunday, November 4, 2012

Super-Silly-Silas-Celebration


What fun last eve. as the family gathered to celebrate our Silas, who turned 11 on November 2.  All he wanted was to go to Mikuni's and have his very own "Japanese Mafia" roll (all to himself).  Far be it from me to deny a boy his sushi roll...especially if I get to partake of the bounty ;)!

Well, what started out just being our family of 6, ended up being the whole family...and it was GREAT!!!  How wonderful to sit at the table and gaze on the beautiful faces of the ones I love.  Jacob and Tish made a special trip down from Lake Tahoe just to share dinner with us, as well as Auntie Ria, Auntie Tina and her crew, and the beloved Grandparents (who have been staying at T's the past days to help with the kiddos while Papa is in Ireland for Uncle Declan's wedding.)  - Which, having written that, makes me want to watch "The Letter".   I love that movie.

It was quite a gathering, and Silas felt loved, loved, loved.  I heard him at one point exclaim, "This was the BEST birthday EVER!"  God knows just what our kids need!  Thankful!  I think I needed it too.  It's been a couple of crazy weeks, with work and the packing and the fighting off illness.  I needed some cheer!  Lovely evening...thank you my precious family for coming from far and wide to celebrate our Super-Silly-Silas James!  Next stop...THANKSGIVING!!! ;)






No comments: