Sunday, October 23, 2011

moving forward

Moving forward daily into the tasks set before us. It has been a very fruitful week here in the hills. I drive the short distance from Green Leaf to Oakwood at least five. maybe six, times a day. Mom and Dad have blessed us this weekend, my birthday weekend:), with their help and expertise...Dad in his landscaping mode and Mom in her grand kid mode.

Yesterday I received the most amazing gift from both my husband and father. They worked all day and totally landscaped the front of the home. My heart's desire for years now has been to have a space of green grass somewhere around my home, and that desire grew when I knew we would be bringing Grace-girl into the world. Instead of grass on Green Leaf, I got dirt jumps ;)! Hey, it was all good...for the time. But this is a new day and a new season, and God has graciously heard my heart. What a beautiful plot of grass the men put down yesterday. It takes my breath away and I can imagine sitting out there with Belle on a warm spring day having a tea-party or playing with 'baby'. (I'll certainly post pics.)

We will be moving boxes and some of the bigger pieces of furniture today (except beds) and throughout the coming week...finished on Sat. eve...next weekend. I do want to get in here and clean the place a bit. I love our home and I'm thankful for all God has done in this place. We'll see how that goes. It might be well enough just to sweep (weep a bit probably) and say our farewells.

I have to mention here how thankful I am for our landlords, who happen to be our son's best friend's grandparents. These two are amazing and kind. They have allowed us to turn this house into our home and have been there to help and even initiate the process, giving us their blessing to paint, pull off wallpaper, put down grass...it's just awesome. They purchased this home a couple of months ago as an investment and we are sooooo glad they did. God had put them on a path a few months earlier and only He knew that our 'Paths of Promise' would converge. His will is Perfect!

School is back in session tomorrow. Having the past week off was one of the greatest gifts as well. I didn't have to stress about schooling children or scheduling meetings. I focused entirely on packing and moving. Again...God goes before us. This coming week will be busier still. but I feel prepared. Mom and Dad will be back next weekend...and then a new chapter truly begins! Until then..."we live, we love, we forgive and we never give up. Cause the days we are given are gifts from above and today we remember to live and to love!" -Superchick


No comments: