Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Kiss of His Love

I'm always amazed at what God can do, but I'm especially amazed when He does something that you've tucked away, maybe even forgotten that you prayed about, and all-of-a-sudden you have the realization that God did "that" thing...and when He does it, you feel the kiss of His love all over you and you know that you are cherished and loved by Him - fully and completely. Lately, I have noticed more and more of this love of His in my life. It comes in a call from a friend wanting to share a book called "One Thousand Gifts" (can't wait to read), it comes when my oldest son says, "Mom, you are an amazing woman!" along with a kiss on the cheek, and it comes when my husband says to me, "God and I were talking yesterday and I told Him that I don't just want to run to Him when there's a need or things are tough, I want to be the son that enjoys being with Him everyday no matter what is going on in my life. I think He wants to show me how big His love is for me." Wow! What? Really? How many prayers Lord? Only you know the tears I've cried, the prayers I've prayed...but You make all things beautiful in Your time...not Gina's time. Of course, our beautiful Isabella Grace is my constant reminder of His Grace over my life and His faithfulness. Oh, that precious little thing, full of the brightest smiles and giggles and gestures that make me melt, and I love that she doesn't even have a clue what she does to me...makes me feel FULL to the brim with joy. Oh what that little girl does to my heart I can't even put into words. Promise of Grace!
That's got to be what we do to His heart, but bigger! He can't help but bend His ear low like a Daddy to hear what is on our heart today and he loves to give us kisses to remind us how much he loves us.
I love you Daddy!
-G

No comments: