Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Promises of Life

Isn't life so full of twists and turns. There are seasons of dancing and rejoicing, seasons of weeping and mourning, and then there are seasons of rest and abiding. Through it all, the precious Savior is drawing us to Himself. He must become our source of life in all things and in all seasons. I have always prayed for a deeper understanding of the depths of His Love for me, and when He reveals Himself to me (in so many ways) it makes me fall deeper and deeper in Love with Him. Life isn't easy and God sometimes allows us to experience great crises. The crises (no matter what) is always a crossroad, I believe, and I don't think God wants to keep us in the dark about why a certain "thing" occurs. He is faithful. He reveals to us how desperate we are for Him and His saving GRACE. There is usually a place we have hidden in our hearts that He wants to bring to the light so that we are not walking around deceived into thinking that we are "all that", or for some, maybe you have been deceived into thinking that there is no hope for you. He alone is "all that". I happen to love the fact that He will not let me stay stuck in myself. It is a painful process, sometimes a certain death, but so vital for the life of a believer. I am thankful tonight for His Promise of Restoration, His Love and His Purpose.

I am excited about the new school year. It has been a really smooth start and I am praying that I can remain in His peace. This tends to be the most insane time of the year. I have met with my new families and they are all set and ready to roll into this thing called "homeschooling". I will have an official "All-Family Meeting" next Tuesday up in Nevada City to get everyone on the same page. I truly love my position as an ES and bless the Lord for all He has done in regards to my job. Can't believe that my own three are now in sixth, fourth and second grade. What? How is that even possible? What a great time we have had these past seven years educating our children at home. I will never say that I don't feel like I know my kiddos. We share so many wonderful moments and memories of waking up and doing life together. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You God for the gift of family.

Since I have been back to school, many have been inquiring about the adoption. Where are we? What is happening with China? Are we still going to adopt? I am going to add a link to our agency's blog so that you can stay updated with us. The CCAA is now through January 31st, 2006 for referrals. Honestly, nobody really knows when referrals will start to speed up again, or if they even will. They are getting through about a week every month. It could be slow-go the whole way to our gift. We are NOT giving up hope. I was talking to a friend today who expressed to me that our son, Benjamin was telling her that we were doubting if this was going to happen. I asked Benjamin if he really thought we were "doubting" and he said, "No, but I know you wonder about all of it." Definitely...there is a lot of wonder there. He was right about that. We especially wonder if China will close her doors to international adoptions...but we don't doubt for a second that no matter what happens or where God leads us on this journey, we are following Him and Him alone! Quite honestly, "doubt" is not even a word in my vocabulary. Doubt is despair and fear and unbelief. God has not given us a spirit of fear or doubt, but of power and love and a sound mind. I never doubt that He knows the plans He has for us and they are GOOD! We will wait for our daughter until He moves His hand and at that point we will either be holding her in our arms with all of the love we have kept in our hearts for her, or we will let go of what belongs to God anyways and trust that His promises for us are from everlasting to everlasting. We can't lose!

If you are reading this blog for the first time, you probably get the idea that we are Christians. My prayer tonight is that you find hope in whatever storm you are facing right now. God is a God of hope and He loves you with an everlasting love. He formed you in the secret place and He knows the plans He has for you. I pray that you are able to place your hand in His today and feel His immense love for you. He has taken your sin and your pain, and in my mother's words, "Remembers it no more!" Trust in Jesus...you can't lose!

No comments: